View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 09:41 PM

Default Re: Folding the best hand

Theoretically 70% to win? No this is not optimal. Unless you can see his cards you have no idea what he has.

Lets say you have AKs and he moved all in you call? Even if he has 22 he is 50/50 with you.

Only if I know for certain he has AQ would I call. 75% is good enough to take a shot.

Or if I had AA. But you don't know the other player, you don't know how he read you.

EXAMPLE: lets say player X raises in front of me in this same situation and I am the CL and he is #2. I've been watching this guy and picked up a tell when he has a big pair and I really feel he does now QQ or KK. I look down and find AA. I might just push because I know he will call and I am 80% to win.

You really have to judge your opponents on a situation like this. Lets say its 1 before the money and there are 5 short stacks that are all in within the next 10 hands. Are you going to risk a 30% to not make any money when there is a very good chance you can make good money just by sitting around?

I don't even think pros would make that call unless they have AA.

And then if you do have AA there are times you fold.
Player A goes all in, B goes all in, Call (CL) calls. You have AA and have slightly less chips than the 2 that went all in. Your AA is roughly 60% to win vs 4 opponents. If only one gets knocked out you move up good cash, if 2 get knocked out you move up A LOT OF CASH! Do you push with your AA? If you lose your out.