View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 08:45 PM

Default Re: Greg\'s Turkey Day interactive blind quiz

grunching....

1) First hand at the table– you have observed a pretty tight table waiting for the blinds, but have no real reads yet. You are dealt A 9 in the BB. UTG+2 open raises, folded to you.

probably fold cause its heads up so you dont have the flushdraw value?

2) The very next hand in the SB you get 5 8. Hijack (MP3 for the uninitiated) open limps, folded to you.

i would most likely fold here as well, same reason as for hand 1, not enough value to go for the flush.

3) Loose table with mixed aggression: three loose passives limp, and a loose aggressive but thinking player raises on the button. You have 9 9 in the SB. BB is a reasonably good player who plays tight.

i think i am 3betting here, his hand range is pretty big and im fairly sure you will be able to limit the callers somewhat, at least being able to fold BB.
of course calling it you get get the set value which will take down a huge pot, yeah i think i call. aha i dont know. stupid quiz [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] (jk)

4) You are in the BB with A 5. Four loose passive limp, and a loose aggressive player raises on the button. SB (loose passive) calls.

fold!

5) UTG, a tight aggressive players raises, you get 2 cold callers from loose and passive types. You are in the SB with 9 8 BB is loose and passive. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

i call here, i think its big enough with implied odds. and no my answer doesnt change with 3, i still call.

6) Same situation as #5, only this time you have 5 5. (Does your answer change if you have 3 cold callers?)

nope its called either way

7) UTG+2 open raises. He is loose, aggressive, but thinking player. You get 2 cold callers and the SB calls (all looser players). You have 6 5 in the BB.

Call... totally standard

8) Same situation as #7, but this time you have T T.

3bet for value.

9) You are in the SB with 2 2. Hijack open limps, folded to you. BB is crazy and unpredictable LA player.

this one is tough. with any weakness from BB im raising here. considering BB's stats i probably just complete here.

Edit: YALL DISREPECTIFIED THE DUCKS! I RAISE JUST CAUSE SO MANY PEOPLE SAY FOLD. IF BB WANTS TO 3BET GOOD FOR HIM I WILL FLOP QUADS! YARRR!

10) You are in the BB with 8 8. Seven players limp (an assortment of muppets), the SB folds.

Rizzle for the vizzle!! (raise for value)

11) Same as #10, only the button (LAG) raises.

Cizzle for the sizzle!! (call for set)