View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 07:22 PM

Default Re: Some 50/100 hands. mostly boring

[ QUOTE ]

hand 1: "Flop call i think is fine given chance of being ahead + hitting + taking the pot on the turn." wrong. the pot is small. a fold is the correct play. this is a very simple pot/implied odds problem. there are players to act behind you on the flop. pot is too small.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree here. My folding equity is easily great than my pot odds on a 2 street bluff. The majority of his hands are going to fold the turn. I don't put much weight in my hand improving, but i like my folding equity.

[ QUOTE ]
hand 2 what you fail to mention is that once you raise preflop and then bet that flop his raise on the flop is very unlikely to be a move or a bluff or a bully move with a K or something, youve shown strength twice already and the flop is scary and he's still raising you.

[/ QUOTE ]

But my hand range becomes very sperated on the flop. All my pocket pairs will fold the flop, which is a decent amount of folding equity. Yet i don't think it's right to c/r the turn. While him bluffing the flop would be a decent play, it just doesn't happen much. I'm not sure if Ace-small folds either.