View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 05:51 PM

Default Re: Avoiding tells in live tournaments

Making the same actions when acting, ie how you put your chips into the pot, if you say anything or not, etc are all very important, that is, as long as others are paying attention. And if you are, then assume that at least 1-2 others are doing the same.

[ QUOTE ]
I really suggest waiting til it's your turn to look at your cards. This makes you watch the other players act before you, and it allows you to consider the situation (your position, players left to act, actions of players before you) before you look at your cards.

When I look at my cards live, I'm always careful to repeat them to myself twice in my head so I won't forget the suits. This gives me a pretty consistent pause before acting and also prevents the really obvious tell of going back to check for suits on a monotone flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have to agree here, I play live at least once a week and although small buy-ins, except for one $550 a month, I do the same. Can't really add much more, just think it makes good sense as you can really get reads on other players.

I also watch the other players as the flop comes down and wait to peak for myself when I can.