View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 04:53 PM

Default Re: Let me know if my thoughts are correct on this session

[ QUOTE ]
Go into PT's General Info tab and click on "Filters". Then click on the "Any Raise" bullet. Then do the same for "No Raise".

You're winning money when you raise pre flop and losing money when you don't. I beleive the reason is that the hands that are normal for limping are harder to play aggressivly post flop and your post flop play refelects that. So, you either need to tighten up pre flop, get more agressive post flop, or more likely, a little of each.

[/ QUOTE ]

I ran this thru my entire sample at Party and this is my results: (only 4493 hands though, very tiny sample)

Any Raise -> Win %62.44 +0.74 BB/Hand won
No Raise-> Win %25.45 +0.17 BB/Hand won

So that makes sense.

Im still curious about the comments that I seem to be weak-tight though. Is that just an obvservation because you dont see any check raises on the flop in this sample, or are there actually hands that you would of recommended that you would of check-raised?

Maybe it's kind of the same thing. A lot of times I noticed I might of ended up in too early of a position and hit the flop with a weak hand (no kicker), so I always tended to bet into it, rather than attempt to check raise. So you're probally right, it's all linked somehow.

As far as the stats in general though it does depend on who I play. If they seem like the passive types that will likely allow the flop to get checked thru, isnt it a mistake to try to check-raise them? They probally wont bet so I have to do it for them. (Im playing 2/4 and I see a lot of these guys)