Thread: WWJD?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 03:43 PM

Default Re: Results

Sorry I missed this thread - spending some much needed family time away from the tables (and board for the most part) this week. I would just call the 6th street raise. His board is not threatening and I think the vast majority of the time his raise on 6th (rather than 5th) will represent a holding that beats one pair of aces (and possibly quite badly, such as a trips). I did see the results, but most of the time, your reraise will simply be charging yourself to suck out (and it will possibly cost you 4 bets). I can't think of one hand he will fold to the reraise that beats yours but I can think of many he'd play this way that will be met with a cap. Overall, I call the raise and plan to check-call most rivers.

If he raises 5th instead, he is more likely to have some kinda buried pocket pair which you'd be ahead of...in this case, he made a showdown raise; he wanted to check down the river if he didn't make the ups. But you reraised, he got pissed and called, then called with one pair. So in this case you were right, the other 90% of the time the reraise on 6th seems like spewing to me against this opponent with his board not being to conducive to him having a pair and a draw or something like that.

Jeff