View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:46 PM

Default A5s from the SB flops a monster draw...

Is there any excuse for this river play? How about the turn bet-call?

Canterbury 8/16. Tight, semi-passive table, which is unusual for CP. I'm waiting for a change to a VERY good table I scouted earlier. Button plays a few too many hands, is moderately aggro, but a fairly decent player.

Three limp to Milo in the SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. Milo completes, BB checks.

Flop is 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Nine outs to the nut flush, 3 more to the likely best hand, 2 more to aces up.

Milo bets out, EP (solid, moderately aggressive player) raises, two fold, button calls, Milo calls.

Turn is 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. Milo checks, with the intention of check-raising, EP bets, button raises. I figure myself for the best hand, but know that button plays too loosely preflop, and may occasionally dip into 56s territory. A three-bet loses EP, who is not stupid, and exposes me to calling another raise, so I call, hoping for the overcall. EP obliges.

River is the 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. Oddly, I check, as do the others.

Comments?