View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:07 PM

Default Re: Clueless with blind offense with T3o

Isn't villain betting with UI high cards on the flop and turn pretty often here, especially if he has a high club? Plus he sometimes has a made hand but no clubs. All in all, I think we need to check/call the turn and see the river after check/calling the flop.

The river decision is close, but check/folding is probably best. This is one of those rare times, though, that I would advocate calling on the river if you think you are odds of being good are slightly less than the pot odds, because seeing villain's hand can give us useful information regarding future blind steals. (Of course, it also reveals to him that we were raising any two cards, so that limits the usefulness of the information, since we give away quite a bit here.)

BTW, I think that folding T3o preflop is best even if you think that it's probably a slightly +EV move (because of fold equity). This is because folding this trashy hand here may very well build your fold equity in future blind steal attempts. So this would be an example of giving up a small edge now because you believe you will get a bigger edge later. This assumes that you have reason to believe that your opponent is somewhat observant and will handle a fold-then-raise sequence of blind steals more tightly than a raise-then-raise sequence of blind steals.