View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: i think this is a surprisingly complex foxwoods hand,,,

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what i think is that the potential "life-changing-ness" of $11k to someone that was previously playing, you know, $5 SNGs or something, is huge. he has the potential to return $11k on a $5 investment. to suggest that this is no different than a regular big tourney player picking up $11k on a $10k investment is just being unrealistic, imo.

[/ QUOTE ]

11k is nothing in the real world. At least not where I live (DC). It would be nice, sure. But it isn't paying off your mortgage or anything. It might payoff a car, but hell, those loans are only 3 years anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. this shouldnt even be an issue.

if you cant see the difference in $11k for a person with bankroll enough to play $5 SNGs and $11k for a person with bankroll enough to direct buy into $10k tourneys, then, whatever.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to sound like an ass. 11k is a good amount of money. But I'd define "alot of money" as an amount of money that would impact my lifestyle. And I don't 11k will do that for many people. At least not people with a car payment/car insurance payments/student loan payments/a mortgage/ etc etc.

11k might payoff 1 of those bills. But it won't have you quiting your job, buying a massive new mansion.

I don't mean to offend you. But this all goes back to what matters to you, and what you are trying to achieve in this tourny