View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 12:28 PM

Default Re: This is not as obvious as people seem to think

[ QUOTE ]
You should read all the post before you make incorrect comments.
What I said was that if I was in the SB, and Phil Ivey was in the BB, then I would fold everything except AA, in which case I would go all-in.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe YOU would ONLY play AA from that spot, and only PUSH AA from that spot, but not every donkey would. Not even close. Not even remotely close. Take it from a donkey who played in the 2005 ME. There's no player's range that is AA, and only AA there - even against Phil Ivey. Well, clearly, there are players whose range is only AA there (you, RacingSilver, for instance) -- but Phil (and neither can any other player) KNOW that -- at least, not with enough certainty to lay down AA there.

I suspect even if you TOLD him you had Aces, he'd still call. I suspect even if you TOLD him before the hand started: "I'm folding everything but AA, and I'm pushing AA" -- and it got folded around to you, and you pushed -- I suspect he'd still call, because the chances of you lying are FAR GREATER than him calling with aces and losing to your aces.

[ QUOTE ]
he KNOWS that I have AA.

[/ QUOTE ]

No. Never. In that spot, there is no way he KNOWS the sb has AA. He may suspect it, he may put the SB on it - he may even think so to a high degree - put a percent on it - maybe he's 75% confident the SB has AA? 80%? Even if he's NINETY PERCENT sure the SB has AA, he's still correct to call. Either way, there's no way (insert any player in the world) is folding AA in that spot short of someone with X-ray vision who can see the sb's aces. I don't think Clark Kent has taken up poker yet, so I think you can be pretty damned sure no one would ever fold AA there, ever.

[ QUOTE ]
What part of my Raymeresque type explanation do people not understand ?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes. Raymer-esque just doesn't mean what it used to, apparently.

Either way...I think everyone understands, because this topic or something similar comes up about once a week -- but even though everyone understands, you'll be very hard-pressed to find anyone who agrees with you.