View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 11:00 AM

Default JTo Thoughts on Flop Play?

Nothing special about vilan. He is semi-loose passive but not many hands palyed with him maybe 30 hands so no real good info on him.

PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB folds, Hero calls.

I just call the bet with the intention of raising on the flop. Seems like most players in the blinds bet out on flop to try to take pot right there even if the flop isnt even close. Because of this I opt to just call hoping to get one big bet out of him.

Turn: (2.50 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Bad turn card. So the question is should I have raised or waited to see river card? I raise partly because that was my intial intent ( not necessarliy a good reason) and I am concerned that there are 2 draws on the board the flush and the str8. It has been my observation that when one is raised on the turn the other opponent will typically call seeing the river card so my raise isnt going to chase him away most likely making my raise on the turn questionable. What you think?

River: (6.50 BB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 8.50 BB