Thread: Normal swings?
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 06:54 AM

Default Re: Normal swings?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't play well with the 100-60-40 payouts for SNGs. I like to push on a semibluff and so on and that doesn't work when you have to play so careful to cash. I can play careful, but that takes away my advantage.

[/ QUOTE ]
Then learn how to get an advantage within the SnG format. The fact that your current style doesn't give you an advantage shouldn't be a reason to not learn how to master that format. Some of the skills needed to do that might help your MTT game later. And SnG's are probably one of the forms of poker with the least variance, which seems to be something you would like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to play SNGs, but I found I did better in MTTs. In MTTs there are more different situations to adapt to and more strategy. I gain a big advantage in MTTs by playing aggressively to win later on. In a supersatellite, I gain a big advantage by following proper strategy, which means folding into the money or stealing with junk in the right situations.

In an SNG, the limping/miniraising style people play works better, as they avoid big swings. I play WTA single table satellites well, but not SNGs.