View Single Post
Old 11-24-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: A question of Poker Ethics

[ QUOTE ]
no reason to do that. you are just wasting time. i think it would be better to have played some extra hands instead of your hollywooding. he wasn't folding. he bet $6 into a $4 pot. he had a damn good hand. there are a few hands that beat him, but you played it like a scared ace til river. just pause 5 sec, then push. take his money. also, be careful about always talking a long time when you have a monster. its pretty easy to pick up on that in a live game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well i do believe their was a reason, conteneuity. I almost always take my time and table a bit in big hands, so i didn't want to set off a warning bell just by pushing all in quickly, and without a word. The thing that helped me is that i usually table talk when i am actually put to a real decision, and then threw in the same style of talk when i got a monster just to change it up. And it usually works.

But i do however, not talk to players i deem better then myself or when i just sit down to a table with strangers. But your right, it could get me into trouble sometimes no matter now good i am at it, everyone slips up sometimes. Thx for the post