Thread: 6-max Coach
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 10:24 PM

Default Re: 6-max Coach

[ QUOTE ]
rather than a flat rate i would think that rewarding the coach/mentor with a fraction of the increased winrate over a certain number of hands would be better.

this would put a vested interest in the coach to insure that the player does well over an extended period of time since the coach will be making more.

i am highly skeptical that having a coach look over 500 or so hands will have any significant effect on ones play and results.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I the only one thinkin this is pretty impossible. When do you pay him after 100K hands after 10K hands after you've run good or bad..? I don't care you can't have a coach and afterwards say now I win 0,25BB/100 more than I did before. It would require a tremendeous ammounts of hands both before coaching and afterwards.

I myself is getting some coaching currently and I have no doubt that having them look at my hands or on AIM while I play works wonders. I will continue to "invest" a large ammount of my winnings at coaches since it definately can't hurt you much and most likely will help you big time.