View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:20 PM

Default Question about the WPT broadcasts...

Obviously the show is heavily and meticulously edited, as is the commentary provided by Sexton and VVP. I always assumed that they simply did a voice over for the final edited version of the show complete with hole cards. In other words, the announcing isn't "live". This way makes sense since it saves time and ensures that they're not referencing past hands that don't make the final broadcast and confuse the viewer.

However, if you watch a WPT broadcast you can often see Sexton and VVP in their little booth right there in the backround as the action is actually happening. What's going on here? I suspect that they just sit there for effect and to create the illusion that they are actually providing running commentary of the play live as it unfolds, even though this can't be since they shouldn't be able to see the hole cards from 3 feet from the table nor should they be discussing live hands so close to the actual table. Its not possible since it raises so many integrity issues and for the continuity issues metioned earlier.

So, do they just sit there likes bumps on a log for the several hours that all the final tables take? I suspect they do, which is actually pretty funny.