View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 06:18 PM

Default Re: I get very upset with myself when I make a bad play ...

First realize that you never make a mistake.

You always make the correct decision based on the information that you are aware of.

When you are fresh, calm, relaxed, focused in the present - the amount of information that you are aware of is immense and your decisions produce good results.

When you are distracted, annoyed, frustrated, impatient, bored, focused not in the present - your awareness is lessened and your decisions produce poor results.

What you call a 'mistake' is often nothing more than the realization of factors that did not occur to you when the hand was in progress. 20-20 hindsight if you will.

So, rather than dwelling on your 'mistakes' try focusing on the state of mind that produced the lack of awareness that lead to the 'mistake'. This is more productive.

Cultivating the proper state of mind where good decisions tend to arise from is the best way to minimize future oversights.

Beating yourself up in the present time for a 'mistake' made in the past is just another state of mind that leads to new 'mistakes'.

You misplay the current hand because you are so busy beating yourself up about the previous hand that you were unaware of important factors that you would have noticed if you were more present.