Thread: 55 UTG
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 04:30 PM

Default Re: 55 UTG

[ QUOTE ]
Your raise was a very awkward amount...over half your stack. I don't know what the average raising amounts were at this point, but I'd try maybe just a min raise (I'd do the same with AA, although it depends on how loose the table is). This is mainly a steal attempt IMO unless the flop comes rags.

Conversely, you could just push all-in and be willing to go broke with the hand with hopefully a coin-flip. There's really no in-between though...it's minraise or all-in.

Limping is another possibility, then see how the flop fits or possibly move all-in on a PF stealer.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree. I like the raise to 6000 better than a miniraise of limp. You need to push with a small pair here and raising to 6000 is basically the same as a push and it might look stronger. Obvioudly after raiseing mor ethan half your stack, the rest must go in to a reraise or on the flop.

You might be able to limp UTG with some hands on a tight table and make the same play with a big pair. However, a pp is too strong for that 6-handed.