View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:46 PM

Default Re: A Question for Semi-Pros Out There

[ QUOTE ]

I think it also depends on your current life & bankroll situation. As a part timer, I have had poker income in my family budget for about a year and a half. If I don't come up with the poker money, and I go broke, I have to go get a part time job to replace that income. In your situation, it sounds like you're playing to attain a monetary goal to open a business. Although your entrepreneurial drive may dictate that this needs to get done ASAP, one would probably agree that I have a bit more pressure on me given the scenarios. (this is not a woe is me comment, it's just to illustrate different "semi-pro" situations.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Granted...being a semi-pro means different things to different people. Of course, having a job can be the same.

[ QUOTE ]
have certain days scheduled to play. This can help get you mentally prepared throughout the day. The simple fact that I know that tonight is poker night gets me to a certain level of focus on my game. The whole key to this is not to play every day. Do you play evey day?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't play everyday, but, like you, I do tend to schedule days. Overall, I opt for flexibility. I do avoid playing on some days even if I'm in a "play everyday" mode. This tends to keep me fresh.