View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:34 PM

Default I get very upset with myself when I make a bad play ...

How do you deal with this?

In NL100, I had T9s in UTG+2 and minraised to 2, got reraised to 5 by the button and I am the only caller. So far, not great situation, but if I hit then it is worth it. Flop is 986, I check and he bets the pot and I call with a pair and a gut shot (9 outs against AA for example). Turn is a Q. I check again (maybe I should bet $10 to block?) but regardless, he bets pot again which is about $35 which is the rest of my stack. Now here is where I have fuzzy thinking and I call. I am not getting the odds to call unless he is bluffing (which I think is only 10% chance). I call and lose my stack. He had TT which left me even worse off than I thought (4 outs to tie, 2 outs to win).

Now here is the problem. This happened yesterday and I am extremely upset with myself for making this $35 mistake. How do I deal with this?

I don't get so upset when I lose my stack with AA v QQ all in because I was and 80/20 favorite, and that is jut a bad beat and part of the game. However, when I make a mistake like that I am furious.

Any advice?