View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 01:17 PM

Default Re: reasons not to slowplay flopped nuts #37

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also if your only raising the flop with top pair type hands and slowplaying with strong hands, you become very readable.

[/ QUOTE ]

why? and do you mean from EP or from anywhere? - I raise with a lot more hands in LP than I do from UTG+1

I rarely slowplay any hands, 1 every other day maybe... it still frequently blows up in my face - and everytime it does I tell myself to stop doing it - tho I still continue [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its ok to slowplay sometimes, Just dont get into the trap of only playing hands you need to protect agressively and hands you dont passively. If you always do this, thinking players will know what you have.

My friend who taught me poker, (and plays online for a living) started out by making me never slowplay, never bluff (continuatino bets though). If I think Im ahead, bet or raise 2/3 of the pot until Im all-in or think im losing. He had me making a profit right away.

It sounds really simple, but if somone is betting out or comming back at you and you dont know if he has top pair/2 pair/ overpair/ trips...... Its very hard know where you stand.

I guess the point is, always playing agressively I was still stacking people with my monster hands. Sure alot of times Id make the standard bet and everyone would fold, but sometimes Id get raised/called down with TPTK.

Its really a little off topic, nothings been posted to suggest you always slowplay flops. Was just some food for thought. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]