View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:17 PM

Default Re: 5/5 foxwoods shorthanded

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

If action is folded to you in and you have a hand you want to play w/ vs the straddle, but definately not extra juiced pf, something like KTo which figures to be good vs straddler,

[/ QUOTE ]

this is what I'm talking about. you open limp vs a straddler with a hand like KTo and most people I know that straddle regularly (including me) are going to raise it up a large % of the time if it's limped to them. then we're playing a guessing game with the other guy firing on lots of flops where your hand might actually be best but you have to call several large bets to find out.

IMO giving control to the straddler pf (i.e. limping when they are probably going to raise) creates far more uncomfortable situations than it avoids.

I agree it can be a good play if you're trapping.

[/ QUOTE ]

But if you know the straddler will be juicing the hand, why not let him with a good hand vs. a random hand since you have position? You put yourself in a position to take a lot of chips off the guy post flop, albeit in situations that will be high variance. You will need to get money in in some very marginal situations, but on average your hands that catch any piece of the flop will be better, and UTG will be auto betting most of the time, and continuing to drive bluff at least some of the time (or else he is exploitable in other ways) if you just call on the flop.

Personally I think it is more uncomfrotable to be taking the lead in a hand with nothing than playing in position against an over agro villain, which from what you are saying villain will likely be for the particular hand he straddles.