View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 09:02 AM

Default Re: Top 6 in the NFL?

[ QUOTE ]
Do you know what explosive means? It means explosive big play type recievers like Terry Glenn. You know Bledsoe the guy everyone keeps hating on has the highest qb rating in the nfc right? It means he has a high yards per pass, it means a lot of things, but it means he makes it "explosive". The cowboys run most of their formations to protect Bledsoe, and when hes protected hes very good.

[/ QUOTE ]
Alright I will say that at times they can be explosive. However, teams like Carolina and the Bears will cause absolute havoc for the Cowboys offense. Teams like Seattle and Detroit proved that slowing down the Cowboys passing attack takes pressure that you can put on without having to blitz safeties. And I know you have only seen Bledsoe this year, but the key is he makes good decisions when he has time. Without time he becomes a turnover machine. And when good defensive teams get turnovers their offense has short fields and can score without being the Colts. Which is really why I think a Bears or Panthers match-up is really bad for the Cowboys.

By the way I still rank Seattle and Carolina ahead of the Bears just to show I'm not doing this as a homer.

If I wanted to put on my homer hat I could point out the 1985 Bears didn't need to worry about scoring too many points in the playoffs because they shut out the teams they played in the NFC playoffs. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]