View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 04:55 AM

Default Re: Is driving a competition to you?

1) slamming door. You're probably just being an ass. Depends on what you mean by "cut [me] off".
2) They're not trying to beat you off the line. They're trying to feel clever because they know when their light's going to turn. They don't care about you.
3: bluff) There are ways to do this without making everyone behind you slow down as well, which also get you merged without slowing you down. If I'm reading you correctly, you suck, because you're making someone slow down drastically and they're probably going to slow me down too.
4: block) As long as you don't cause any accidents, I wholeheartedly support whatever you do that gets slow people out of the left lane. Because that's where I usually am, and I'm probably trying to go at least as fast as you, but I don't want to be that jackass swerving through 3 lanes to pass you.

I have a 50-mile daily commute on LA freeways. I've only been doing it for a week, and I already hate everyone. I hate them all with a passion. I hope everything bad happens to them, and only to them. There's a chance that this means I hate you. It's nothing personal, I just wish you didn't exist and that my commute would be that much faster.

I like to drive fast. When I have five lanes of newly-paved freeway to myself I'll happily hit my limiter, but context is everything...I've been passed by the CHP while I was doing 100+, but I was on an empty 5-lane freeway with brand-new pavement. (I got lucky. He showed up in my rearview while I was closer to 125, I slowed down because he was catching up to me even at that speed.)