View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 04:20 AM

Default Re: 5/5 foxwoods shorthanded

[ QUOTE ]
I never open limp w/a straddler

[/ QUOTE ]

paul, seems like a generalization that I dont agree with.

im sure you've had MUCH more straddle experience then me, but I can think of a bevy of situations where open limping w/ the straddle is > raising the straddle. Such as?..

A gambler who pumps their straddle alot, or a good player hwo likes taking down dead money with rags, open limping a strong hand in an effort to trap this.

A passive player from the straddle, but you're in EP with something like a small pair, which you dont mind isolating the straddle with, but building a big pot isn't bad either (encouraging others to come in)

If action is folded to you in and you have a hand you want to play w/ vs the straddle, but definately not extra juiced pf, something like KTo which figures to be good vs straddler, so your intention is to play a small pot with position + best hand, but if you isolate, it's too easy to get trapped behind or build a pot too big for your comfort

I see what you mean, though, and I'm sure this weekend / in nyc cardrooms / etc. I didn't punish the straddlers enough when I wanted to play.