View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:28 AM

Default Re: 56s - at a passive table, did I play this too hard?

[ QUOTE ]
I really hope you aren't folding to action on the flop with 4 to the flush. Odds-wise, it's almost ALWAYS incorrect to fold. Maybe not push as hard on a paired board, but incorrect to fold most often.

True, you can push out gutshot draws, but that isn't the purpose of the 3-bet, it's a by-product. You have UTG trapped in between, raise it up.

Yes, you lose a LOT of money when the board doesn't pair and there is only 3 to the flush on board, and you lose to a higher flush. But that happens pretty rarely. If you recognize it, you can slow down a little, but not on the flop with small bets. Get as many as you can in there any way you can with more than one other player in the hand.

How does it go, you are putting in 33% of the money with 35% pot equity? A guaranteed 2% ROI over time. Moreso with 3 others in the pot. Something like that.

And that is also why you can never get a flush draw to fold. They aren't afraid of straights, and they aren't afraid of trips, unless the board pairs. Then they have to slow down.

Almost always push your 4-flush draws on the flop.

nh.

[/ QUOTE ]

Of course the pot has to be big enough right? Just to see the turn my outs give me about 4 against 1 of hitting. Sure it's about 2 against 1 if I see the turn and river for free, but that's likely not going to happen.