View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 03:09 AM

Default Re: 56s - at a passive table, did I play this too hard?

[ QUOTE ]
you're not 3-betting to fold out flush draws, you're 3-betting because you have a pair, a flush draw, and what looks like 3 others trapped ( [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] button folded). however even with 2 trapped and position on the field the 3-bet is for value.

the turn is very standard.

the river is the question... everything up until here is fine. BB's flop/turn play looks like a top pair hand unwilling to give a free turn card. UTG just seems to be along for the ride.

i conclude that this whole hand is good. the river bet is not an extremely profitable value bet, but it is a value bet nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

But what if someone had a higher flush draw or a straight draw, they're certainly coming along 1 maybe 2 bets, but may likely fold to that much action. I say this because I have perhaps 14 outs, or maybe just 2 outs (a 5 could have given someone a straight)... Of course if this is not the case, then yes I have a monster draw and I'm raising for value. But that's the best case right?

River bet: since I consider them loose, I gave a good chance at least one of them would call with a second best hand. If they were the type to only call with a better two pair, then yes I should check. No?

edit: Okay I'm probably wrong about the flush draw, but a straight draw is capable of folding I think, especially an inside straight draw. That opens up another 3 outs.