View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 02:12 AM

Default Re: Why are these threads...

I've gone on record as saying a forum system similar to slashdot.org's would be a lot better then the current one and would make everyone happy.

1. - Group moderation - no more moderators making judgements based on a personal dislike.

2. - You can rate threads and filter based on a rating. On Slashdot, I've modded that bastard up to +5 threads or higher so that I can avoid all the flame trolls, retards, and kids with nothing better to do so I can just get the meat.

Don't wanna read a post about how some guy is dicking some other girl behind his girlfriend's back? - block all future posts - remove it from my view - that would rock totally.

As the forums grow, a better system is needed - the individual moderators were a nice plug in the leak, but it needs to be repaired. I understand Mason is considering a revamp to the forums - a major one.

This would go a long way to alleviating everyone's headaches - as it stands, we can block posters, but we still have to look at them and read "You are ignoring this user" - that's not ignoring -

But maybe I'm one of the people you're talking about...in which case, a solution to the Whiskeytown/OOT problem is very close to being implemented by myself.

RB