View Single Post
Old 11-23-2005, 12:05 AM

Default Re: I step back for a second...

[ QUOTE ]
Again, this is going to depend on his read on me, but I promise you I 3 bet his c/r.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that depends on you hand -- he doesn't know what you have, but he certainly is not too disappointed if you three-bet his C/R, especially if MP comes along. He's got 14 outs to the best hand unless you have specifically JJ or AA, and in those cases he still has more than 9 outs.

[ QUOTE ]
The pot is big. He has a very nice draw, but who cares.

[/ QUOTE ] He has more than a draw. He has TPTK plus a draw, and your PF 3-bet doesn't mean that your hand is necessarily better when the flop comes around.

[ QUOTE ]
Think of it this way:

He has AJs UTG and raises, MP calls, I'm the BB and 3 bet, he calls, MP calls. Flop comes as is. I bet, you ?

You certainly should raise. I do so not because I'm pumping a draw, although that's nice, but I'm protecting my hand. The sooner I can win this pot the better.

So, in the same way, I'd be looking to protect my hand here.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would raise in that circumstance. But that doesn't mean I'd lead in the actual hand. In order to protect my hand in the actual hand I have to both lead AND count on the fact that you'd raise AND hope that MP3 who called 3 cold pre-flop doesn't have a hand that can properly call 2 cold getting ~7:1. If the parlay for protecting looks thin, then I'll focus on value instead, and I wouldn't sacrafice the value in bets going in on the flop for the speculative value of protecting my hand OOP on the turn, especially if the strength of my hand can increase appreciably with any of 9 outs making me much more interesting in collecting bets than in protecting.

[ QUOTE ]
If he thinks I'll raise overs, and I might with something like AdKs, then I feel it's the best way to get protection in this hand. With c/ring, I think you're making yourself hit your draw more frequently to win.

[/ QUOTE ]

If I am beating you on the flop, how many outs does MP3 have if he is behind? How am I going to face him with enough bets even those times when you cooperate and raise for me each time to convince him to laydown? What can MP3 have that I should be so worried about protection? Worst case he has an OESD (6 outs) or KQ (9 outs) or he has me beat (and then I'm not protecting). MP3 is, in the vast majority of circumstances drawing very slim, and I'd actually like to have him calling bets without proper odds rather than folding.