View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:33 PM

Default Re: Revised poll: what\'s the best/greatest poker book?

I was being a smart, uh, I was being flippant about the 2+2 book, I'm aware and waiting just like everyone else. I have my local Border's on stand-by.
His aggression slows down, I think, because of suck-outs and check raises. SS was the first poker book I ever read. I thought it was God's gift to poker. I did everything I could to play just like that. Now I'm losing money playing like that. People expect the aggression I bring to the table so they try to slow play monsters against me, they check-raise me constantly, they will invest large chunks of money to outdraw me. When you raise EP with AA and get four callers, if the board is remotely coordinated, one of those guys has the draw and will not let go of it regardless, there's now too much money in the pot to get them off the hand. Now I'm working on changing my game. I think I'll give Ciaffone a try, I've heard good things about the pot-limit, no-limit book. By the way, I appreciate you responding to my posts and I like the way you always address the people you're responding to with "Hi Bear" etc.