View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:20 PM

Default Re: New to Limit, trying to find my way. A few hands in need of evalua

[ QUOTE ]
I was thinking in hand 1 I should have checked the flop and bet the turn if it was a blank (draw heavy flop). This would have given less odds in a smaller pot, possibly allowing me to pick up a medium pot rather than losing a larger one. On the river I think it was a bad call, it can't get any more obvious that he has an Ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is FPS (Fancy Play Syndrome). Players at these limits aren't affected by what you're doing; in other words, the same guy that's going to call with ace-high once on the flop and once on the turn is going to call regardless of what you do.

[ QUOTE ]
On hand 2 I was thinking I should have lead the turn again considering I had a heavy drawing hand, then the raiser probably would have raised again, that way the player drawing to the straight may have considered folding. This would have lead to a split pot rather than losing.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is plain, old-fashioned results-oriented thinking. And, again, the guy wasn't right to call with his gutshot, anyway. And, finally, as Miles pointed out, if you do get raised again on the turn, your chances of having the best hand are slim and none, and Slim just left town.

Also, fwiw, the only opponent that played a decent hand in these two was BB with A6o in the second hand. You played them both fine.