Thread: Standard fold?
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Standard fold?

It's the first [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

4-1 to call preflop. I'm not going anywhere with Q9 here. I'm not gonna play it to the fullest if the flop is something like Q-4-2 but with as little risk as another 40 is now in the beginning I take the gamle. I could easily outflop both of them or get a straight as I did here but this is one of those times where I don't like the action at all. The only questionable thing in this hand is my call on his minraise. I should probably fold the hand right there. Is there a leak in my game for thinking that that was the only error here? I really can't see anything else...

But anyway, the only reasonable reason to why I called the minraise when I should fold/re-raise is that I wanted to see if there was any merit to his minraise on the river. If he bets out small, im like "fine, im curious on what you could min raise with, take my chips" but now, betting out 500 makes me think "Ok, he probably got a hand he want us to pay bigtime for and he is expecting atleast one of us to call with that board." It could also mean "Crap I missed my flush/straight draw, lets hope they don't call me on this scary board, which wouldn't surprise me on the 10+1 level but I had a feeling it was the first one".

<font color="white">As both of us folded, he showed us what he held. He had <font color="white"> KK </font> . One of the weirdest played <font color="white"> KK </font> I have ever seen to be honest. The original raiser said he had AK if that makes any difference.</font>

The only real thing that could make me call 500 here, would be if an Ace fell and even then I would be really cautious but I would prolly call/push.