View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 07:18 PM

Default ($22): 8-handed, way +$EV….but?

I’m curious as to how much some of you adjust your pushing standards based on the number of players left, if you adjust at all.

In the hand below, my stack size dictates that I push almost any two from the button here. JTs is +1.2% here if both the SB and BB will call with any two, so it’s not even close.

However, my stack is not that far below average, and even going through the blinds one more time I can double up and have an above average stack if no one busts. To counter this, at a nearly full table this scenario of being able to open from LP will be rare.

So, is this opportunity just way too good to pass up, or can I be patient knowing that a double up gives me healthy stack compared to my opponents?

PartyPoker - NL Texas Hold'em $20 Buy-in + $2 Entry Fee Tournament | Level: 5 - 8 players (Converter: PGC)

Chip Counts:
<font color="red">Hero: 770 Chips</font>
SB: 1380 Chips
BB: 480 Chips
UTG: 965 Chips
UTG+1: 2020 Chips
MP1: 910 Chips
MP2: 860 Chips
CO: 615 Chips

Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Blinds are 75/150

PreFlop
<font color="blue">UTG folds</font>, <font color="blue">UTG+1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP1 folds</font>, <font color="blue">MP2 folds</font>, <font color="blue">CO folds</font>, Hero ????