View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 06:14 PM

Default Re: Deep in Stars 500K.

[ QUOTE ]
i don't really have any good way of summarizing the fact that i think your post is line by line incorrect.

[/ QUOTE ]
You mean my post? It was correct.

Consider this example: Blinds 500/1000, no ante, you have 9500 chips before posting your big blind. Everyone else at your table has big stacks. Someone raises to 3500 and it's folded to you. If you move in now then opponent will likely call getting 2¼:1 pot odds.

If you have 77 in this spot, stop-n-go is not a good play, for the reasons in my earlier post. If your opponent misses the flop and folds his overcards to your all-in, he will be correct to do so. When you have 77 and stop-n-go, your opponent won't often make an FTOP-mistake in response to your flop all-in. In particular, your opponent will rarely fold the best hand on the flop. Thus you're better off having pushed preflop.

But if you have KQ or AT and decide to stop-n-go, there are all sorts of ways your opponent could fold the best hand on the flop. With KQ or AT in this example, stop-n-go would be better than pushing preflop.