View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 07:47 PM

Default Re: Reraising QQ amounts..

[ QUOTE ]
and pretty much even money on the rest AA-TT+AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

woah, woah, woah. How are we even money with TT JJ AK?

edit: I can see what you mean here, in that range of AA KK JJ TT we are even money. But this is why we should reraise. If we put more money in when we are against JJ TT than we put in when against AA KK then we gain EV. This is why reraising preflop is so important in my opinion as we, if need be, can get away from the hand cheaply.

Example 1. Simple KK AA: raise, we reraise, he goes all in/reraises we fold.

Example 2. Simple JJ TT: Raise, we reraise, he calls. Everything postflop is our gained EV.

Example 3. Tricky AA KK: raise, we reraise, he calls. Everything postflop is his profit.

Tricky AA KK i think puts us in the same position as a call.

The EV also comes from basic players here, if there were more than 50% of tricky players (nowhere near) than our reraise for information would just be bad.

Otherwise, i think a reraise preflop is more EV, not because i'm just disagreeing; but we are more experienced players than the average player and we use the information we have gained better than they will use it.

If we reraise and the player with JJ TT flops an overpair he isn't going to get away from his hand preflop or on the flop, as we are more likely to get away from it on either street.

If we reraise and he comes back at this point we can safely fold. Say the the other player had QQ he wouldn't get away.

So if we give and take the same amount of information it benefits the better player hugely more.