View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 05:20 PM

Default Re: Did the system fail this man?

[ QUOTE ]
At what cost? Should someone be kept alive an extra day for $1M? Should someone be kept alive an extra year for $10M?

What if there are 500 people who can be saved by $1M, to extend their lives 20 years, or 1 person who can have his life extended 40?

Why are you in a better position to decide how others should spend their money than they are? Are you demanding that the doctors work for free? If not, the money has to come from somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why is this about money, I know someone has to pay for it, in many ways the American system is better, as it encourages pioneering treatments etc, the free market isn't all bad that's not what I'm saying.

I got a call 5 minutes ago from my mother, my grandmother just passed away this very minute, finally succumbed to the cancer, her net value ($) is approximately zero. All I expected was for our system to allow her to die with dignity without having to worry about leaving people bills they cannot pay, this is what we get here. I take your point on board believe me, but there are benefits to both ways.

Best Regards Mack