View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:12 PM

Default Re: A note on the idea of WAWB

[ QUOTE ]
Your statement is divorced from the underlying use of the concept and isn't right or helpful. WAWB is usually (not always, but usually) relevant to a situation where you must decide how hard to push your hand. If you are either WA or WB then you don't push as hard because it means that you will win the least (because your opponent will likely fold to a raise or re-raise) or lose the most.

I don't think the relative likelihood that you are WA or WB has anything to do with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I guess if you want to get very exact, the correct action is dictated by what hands your opponent will bet, call, bet/call, bet/fold, bet/3-bet, etc etc.

I understand what you're saying. I was oversimplifying things. This idea though, is basic poker 101 knowledge, and doesn't apply only to WAWB situations. On the river, when we decide to bet/call, check/call or whatever, it's because of the ranges of hands that we think our opponents will different actions with.

An example could be, you're against a LAG with QQ on a Axx, two-tone board. This definitely isn't WAWB, but we take a similar line because we're (most likely) only getting action from better hands.

If my definition is so incorrect, I am open to a revised definition, so that everyone, including myself, can be talking about the same thing when the phrase WAWB is used.