View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:08 PM

Default Re: How do I tell my parents I\'m not happy...

[ QUOTE ]
I don't have a girlfriend and I never had one in the past.

[/ QUOTE ]

I read the first half of your post and skimmed the rest, but this line stuck out in my mind.

(If I am way off base here then please disregard my post)

Up until the point that I started having physical relationships with girls, I was a very unpleasant person to be around. My self-esteem was low and I was extremely insecure about how I looked and acted around people (especially girls).

One thing I have come to learn is that everything in life is about confidence. School, sex, poker, anything. So, the correct play is to increase your confidence. Easier said than done, perhaps, but I have a couple things that worked for me.

-Work out. A LOT. Once you start to feel good about the way your body looks, you will be amazed at what other aspects of your mental state change.

-At first, talk to girls that you know are below your level (good game selection). Use them strictly to build your confidence.

Again, this may not apply to you at all (you might be banging everything that moves). Your post just amde me think of this period in my life asnd I wanted to share what worked for me in my experience.

good luck