Thread: Pacific Results
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Poll Analysis

[ QUOTE ]
The fact remains that these Pac players are playing unsound poker in the extreme and it's not trickling down to my BR. The why of it is not important.

I have a similar B&M analog. This card room was action-packed with quite a lot of live players but my win rate never got much above 1 SB/hr at 10-20. After careful analysis I found my strategy lacking for the game AND the fish were not nearly as fishy as I first thought. There were a lot of smart LAGs and I was unsued to their game.

This is not the case at low limit Pac Poker. They are awful, loose morons playing junk, cold calling 3 bets and stumbling their way to the river. And they aren't dumping their chips to me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, certainly, if it's not profitable for you, then you shouldn't play it. And even if it is theoretically beatable, maybe it doesn't pay enough to change your style just for that game if it might interfere with your other play.

But I think "the why of it" IS important, at least for others of us who are reading your post and trying to draw conclusions for ourselves. The reason I think the why is important is that we've all found cases where stats can be distorted, even over 10K or 20K or more hands, especially when the stat we're looking at is win rate. If there aren't valid reasons to support a win rate observation, then I would be very cautious about drawing conclusions from it.

The way you describe the game - "...at low limit Pac Poker...They are awful, loose morons playing junk, cold calling 3 bets and stumbling their way to the river..." - sure sounds like it should be beatable with solid, conservative TAG play. Variance is going to be high with that kind of play, so again I wouldn't put too much faith in any short- or medium-term win rate figures, but just the nature of the play sounds like an opportunity.

I had actually quit playing Pac about 6 months ago because I thought their software was contributing to crash problems I was having. But I've bought a new computer since then, so for myself, I think I'll go back to including one Pac game to my play.