View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Revised poll: what\'s the best/greatest poker book?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I think I came up with a better list of choices based on forum input.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but you didn't. You still haven't defined "best" or "greatest", or put them in context. The choices are all over the map, and cannot be compared.

Among other things, "best" is defined as " Most satisfactory, suitable, or useful". If something is most suitable or useful, it must be suitable or useful for something.

The books listed are worse than apples and oranges, they are fruit cocktail. Except for SS, none of those books are comparable to any of the others for a particular area of study. SS tries to be all things to all people, and there is generally a better dedicated book out there for any particular area discussed in SS.

You have asked the poker equivalent of what is the best motor vehicle. One person might answer a BMW sedan is best. Another might reply that a BMW is a horrible motor vehicle for hauling plywood, and a Ford F-150 is the best. In both cases, the lack of context makes the question, and the answers, meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you had a poll on what the best motor vehicle is, I don't think you would have one car getting 2/3 of the votes as here with "Theory of Poker". I also don't see what is wrong with a poll as to the best motor vehicle. There is no right or wrong answer, just opinions.