Thread: $11 - AA busted
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 01:04 PM

Default Re: $11 - AA busted

Well, it could have been played better.

I raise more preflop, so that if anyone comes in, I get paid better, and also to trigger people to push at me. The more people that are in before me, the bigger I raise. Usually I raise $100 to $125 with QQ through AA. Your lowish bet encouraged people to stay, which is fine, but they stayed for cheap, which is not worth it to you. Just my opinion.

I don't think you had a raising hand at the flop; you had a trapping hand. If someone with one club made a flush at the same time you did, you'd have all his chips almost every time. Good future value to playing it cool for now, especially since your bet doesn't close the action.

As for now on this round, if you're beaten, putting the extra money in there doesn't help you. If you're ahead, the pot is worth winning right now, so a push would be in order to help give them worse odds and make a call very unattractive. You're pretty much committing to putting your chips in on later rounds anyway, once you've put in so much of your stack and the pot is so big.

Either way, not a raise like this. Not when you're facing a possible made hand or trips already and aren't even closing the action. Either shove it all in or play like a mouse and hope to turn or river a nut flush and get rich, or even get by with a lucky second pair or trips and a deep sigh of relief.