View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 12:37 PM

Default Re: Help analyzing this hand please (especially the turn)

I didn't want to push all in because I wanted to maximize my profit vs a dominated hand. I didn't want to raise bigger, because then I would be more or less pot committed. I knew the criticisms would revolve around my preflop raise, however, I don't know that it is inevitable that I get stacked here.

If I check the turn, and he bets less than my stack, and I just call, I feel I can check-fold the river when the queen comes, because now there is nothing that I legitimately beat. AA QQ JJ all got me after that river.

I forgot to mention that OPPO was ~ 33/7 and ME is ~ 22/12 (but my reraises mean business).

I don't like getting pot-committed preflop because I feel like my advantage is bigger, the more streets that are played, because I am less likely to make a mistake (however, I make the big mistake for my stack here on the turn). The raise I made was sufficient to get AQ to fold, while keeping QQ and JJ in (which I probably want because I am a big favorite). Also, what is a Sklansky buck?

[ QUOTE ]
Re-raise bigger preflop. And no way you don't go broke with these stacks. But if you re-raise bigger, you will have made Sklansky bucks.

[/ QUOTE ]