View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 06:39 AM

Default Re: short stacked PLO

when i find myself in this situation where ive called a raise and then had to muck and my stack has gotten too small i just add on a little more. esp at party its easy to always add even a relatively small amount to get your stack where you want it.
it truly is amazing the hands people will call with assuming that your a donk. many times it seems like every draw has hit and ive written the pot off only to find that they called my all in with bottom two or top pair or some such. gotta love party poker.
also, while i obviously prefer to play my AAxx hands heads up if i fail to get it hu when on a short stack its not nearly the disaster it is if im on deep money. im still in a +ev situation and i dont have to worry about things like how difficult my hand is to play post flop and getting stacked for a large stack. i often get the other advantage of someone betting a draw hard and knocking the other players out and leaving us both in a +ev situation due to all the dead money in the pot. if it dosent work out i just rebuy, rinse and repeat. in those multiway pots i dont have to win that often to show a profit. that said, id obviously rather have the hand hu, but if i cant get it that way its not the sort of disaster it can be with deep money.
matty