View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 04:51 AM

Default Re: The arguement that recently convinced me of god\'s existence

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Stat,

I got it now. I read it very quickly - the preface and chapter 6. I was merely thrown off when Dawkins started his preface with so much of an argument for evolution. I therefore thought he was directing it basically to those who don’t buy it. He isn't going to get anywhere with them anyway. So this, too, is what I mean in that he fails. He is preaching to the choir, really. He is really addressing evolutionists.

As for myself, I didn’t expect answers to the origin of life, per se. That I know “ain’t gonna” happen. I was anticipating some clever ideas is all. He doesn’t address things of that nature.

RJT

[/ QUOTE ]
Maybe its due to books like this that you don't percieve evolution of complex life as a mystery. I read it 20 or so years ago and it was a revelation (not that I was a theist before).

Many people still seem very confused and although it may not persuade a theist that evolution is the answer it should go a long way to persuading anyone who is honest that the argument from design is extremely weak to the point of being irrelevent.

I have said before that Dawkins goes over the top on the athiestic promotion and I would be suprised if that didn't put some people off from reading his work.

chez