View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 03:42 AM

Default Re: Results and thoughts

[ QUOTE ]

I think it's nice this thread picked up, and especially interesting to see all the different opinions on the AJ hand. I guess it's {3bet 50, call 50, fold 0} when I am raised on the turn, {5bet 1, call 90, fold 9) when I am 4-bet and {0, 80, 20} after I check the river. Did I get that right Eric?

[/ QUOTE ]

I haven't read the whole thread, just this paragraph actually, but my initial guess is: no, probably not right.

Look, for these mixed strategies with individual hands to mean anything, they have to be placed in the context of an overall strategy. That is, you have to do the following:

1. look at your entire hand range that you could hold given the action
2. decide what percentage of that range you want to fold, call, and raise, given the size of the pot
3. break out the range according to these percentages
4. mix them around a bit to make your play in each category less clearly define your hand for your opponent

I'm still working out the details of how each of these steps is best accomplished, but anything where you just assert that it's FCR {15, 50, 35} or whatever probably doesn't make much sense.

In game theory, everything needs to be placed into the context of your overall strategy.

I apologize if you did in fact do all this in this thread. If you did, kudos.

good luck.
Eric