View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:49 AM

Default Re: Longtime lurker first time post Did I play this right?

*grunch*

yes, imo. For many people it is standard in HU to wait for the turn to raise trying to get more value on their better holdings. Since you raised from MP1, he can't really think you are stealing. So he probably has a little something on the turn. Without reads, I would assume either a top pair not necessarily with a better kicker a set or a flush. At 1/2 I haven't found too many people raising to semi-bluff a flushdraw on the turn. So without a read I wouldn't count on that too much.

The river card doesn't change much. Unless he was semi-bluffing you are still either ahead or behind a better TP or flush.
So I would play it the same against an unknown and a rock that wouldn't raise the turn without a good hand. Against a LAG I would bet/call.
Well, hold on a second. Pokerstove tells me, you are a huge favorite against a 15%, 20%, 25% and more player. Even against someone who plays 22+,A2s+,K2s+,QTs+,ATo+,KJo+,QJo. You have 80% equity here. I would appreciate comments on the range though (just starting with that). I would now even more bet/call the river unless villain really is a rock.