View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 02:04 AM

Default Re: 10/20: 77 turns set in unraised multi-way pot

[ QUOTE ]
I've gotten too accustomed to the "If he has a set, pay him off" line of thinking and stuck my stack in the river... even though I thought his line looked more like AA than anything. I think a fold here is almost acceptable on the river but a smoothcall is more appropriate. I thought "Well, he could have AA or KK, but he can also have AK... so just in case, I will stick it in." Part of me felt that he had AA but I still stuck it in anyways, thinking maybe in the long run this play is profitable as there are more combinations of AK. I think this hand is fairly easy to put exactly on AA and possibly even KK. Thanks for all the good response,
-Ace

[/ QUOTE ]

16 AK's, 12 AA/KK, 1 33 sure, but now that we know we're facing either the very unlikely quads or the much more likely "missed a limp reraise preflop hand" you have to weight the probaiblities to account for the fact that AK does this less often than AA or KK, and then AK is less likely to put in such a small turn reraise. Add to that that AK doesn't always payoff and I think it is a clear call.