View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 01:25 AM

Default Re: An Odd Flop Situation With KTs

[ QUOTE ]

what other hands do you open limp with? this range is pretty important for observant opponents. i basically never open limp unless table conditions are "perfect", but i also dont play much fh so that accounts for basically never. do your tables have to be a certain quality for you to limp KTs utg? if so, and if this qualifies, cool. if not, i'm curious about how open limping has worked out for you. it gets a bad rep on these boards, but i think a case can be made for open limping. also what stakes is this game?

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually have a very narrow open-limping range that I basically only use in full ring games. (I never open-limp with 8 or fewer players).

It is basically a tiny range of hands that have too much value to fold but play much better in multi-way pots (while have enough value to at least break even or make a small profit if the pot ends up short).

So: KTs, QTs, QJs, JTs, A8s, A9s, 77, sometimes 88 and sometimes 66.

I think it is a very astute observation that against observant opponents such a strategy will not be sound, as it becomes very easy to put me on a hand.