View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 11:31 PM

Default Re: Yahoo article about NYC crackdown

firstly id like to say that its possible i dont have my facts straight but i consider the source ive gotten this information from much more reliable then most of you.

i am not talking about an al pacino godfather character when i say mafia. do you really believe there is no such thing as the mafia? it obviously exists. why is it so hard to believe that if you open up an illegal and very profitable business that a more powerful illegal operation with weapons wont come to you and tell you that they want in the deal? stuff like that is naturally going to take place. the police arent going to protect illegal businesses from more powerful illegal businesses so what is stopping this from happening? nothing. this article talks about the nypd cracking down on poker rooms because it might lead to drug trafficing. you can either assume that the nypd is making up an excuse to raid clubs or you can actually consider the fact that it might have credibility.

now if you told me that you know a club owner and you know for a fact he has never been approached by a more powerful illegal business that wanted in on his funds id probably believe you. i believe tt so maybe im wrong that this doesnt at least sometimes take place. to the rest of those who felt the need to insult me because you are so sure of whats real and what isnt need your heads checked.