View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 08:09 PM

Default Re: I Just Had A Heart Attack And I Don\'t Have Health Insurance (Long)

[ QUOTE ]
Dude, relax, YOURE FREAKING OUT.

No way you had a heart attack. Youre 26. Most likely, it was a drug induced panic/anxiety attack. These can be VERY convincing. Go see a doctor to be safe but seriously, I think youll be fine.

Weed can do this to people, I know. I had to stop because out of the blue, it started making me think I was dying everytime I did it (this was after years of regular use). Weird problem, and it runs in my family. Every person in the fam who indulged stopped in their early 20's for the same reason. Weirdest part was I could still do other psychedelics and be totally fine. Anyway I digress.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for bringing this up. As soon as I read your post, I did some research on the symptoms and effects of anxiety disorder/panic attacks and found out of bunch of info I wasn't aware of. I knew of panic attacks before, but didn't really delve into what it was and how it struck. One site I found particularly enlightneing:http://www.panicattacks.com.au. Reading that site was like reading a carbon copy of my experience and symptoms during the attack. I also read that I really wasn't crazy for believing this was a heart attack, as victims of panic attacks describe the attack as a heart attack in the same manner I described it