View Single Post
Old 11-05-2003, 10:21 AM

Default Re: Reraising QQ amounts..

[ QUOTE ]
so clearly, we play in very different games. in my games, if someone raises 10x the blinds, we are not going to be a 2:1 favorite with QQ. I would have a hard time putting someone on less than TT/AQs with that kind of raise preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

See my math above, they are the only hands i included to get the 2:1 figure.

[ QUOTE ]
my original play was pretty much to induce this bluff

[/ QUOTE ]

Inducing this bluff is for extra value on the hand, but you can make this extra value by reraising preflop, without giving the player the chance to catch up. He may still bluff the flop, even though it's less likely.

[ QUOTE ]
chances are higher they have AK than AA-KK

[/ QUOTE ]

4:3 that they have AK:AA+KK, it's not huge. If more money goes in when they have AA KK as compared to AK our EV becomes equal.

[ QUOTE ]
so if we call and then raise the flop, we're getting better information for the same price as a preflop reraise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't agree we are getting better information. By calling the bettor can put us on a large range of hands and thus will play his hand accordingly. If we state our hand to him he'll play accordingly again, but it gives us a smaller range of hands he could have.

[ QUOTE ]
or, you run into anyone who has read ciaffone's book (none of *us* have, right ), where he says to smooth call with KK.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is an unknown player, i'd say the top 5 percentile of players could smoothcall with AA KK.

In most of the NL games we are going to play it's a mistake to smoothcall with KK. Bob Ciaffone's games contain players who here will fold AK QQ, i don't think many games contain many of these players.